L2 Steel Lintel Installation
L2 Steel Lintel Installation Instructions
- Lay wall to required height and opening.
- Set Lintel on block with 3" ± 1/2" of bearing.
- Place Lintel on block level and square. Lay bond beam block upside down on Lintel at each end.
- Shore Lintel as required to compensate for dead load deflection on non cured Masonry and grout.
Shore lintel prior to laying block and grouting.
- It is recommended to shore lintel in the middle of spans greater than 8'-0" and less than 15'-0". On spans greater than 16'-0" use 2 shores spaced equal distance apart at approximately 5'-4" spacing. On spans greater than 16'-0" place shoring at 6'-0" centers. Make sure shoring is square to Lintel and secure. Make sure shoring supports the entire width of the bottom of the Lintel.
- Proceed to lay first lay first and second courses of block for 16" deep lintels and so on for lintels with greater depths.
- Rod grout adequately to ensure consolidation of grout (no air pockets)
- Place top #5 rebar grade 60 Set 1.5" from top of all Lintel designs and in some cases in the bottom of the Lintel as shown on Load Tables. (see detail)