PowerBox Steel Lintel Installation
- Lay wall to required height and opening.
- Set Lintel on block with 8" of bearing each end, minimum 4" - see GSN #5.
- Apply bed joint on front and back of block. Apply head joint on end of block.
- Place Lintel on block level and square. Proceed as needed with the next course of block.
- Shore Lintel as required to compensate for dead load deflection on non cured masonry and grout.
- Shore lintel prior to laying block and grouting.
- It is recommended to shore lintel in the middle of spans greater than 8'-0" and less than
15'-0". On spans greater than 16'-0" use 2 shores spaced equal distance apart at approximately 5'-4" spacing. On spans greater than 16'-0" place shoring at 8'-0" centers. Make sure shoring is square to Lintel and secure. Make sure shoring supports the entire
width of the bottom of the Lintel. (see Shoring Detail)
- Rod grout adequately to ensure consolidation of grout (no air pockets)
- Place top #5 rebar grade 60 Set 1.5" from top of all Lintel designs and in some cases in the bottom of the Lintel as shown on Load Tables. (see Rebar Detail)